June 27: Cut the into 6.5 inch squares and 3.5x10 & 6.5x3.5 inch rectangles.
June 28: Spent the day working on the layout. I put down paper towels and built the blocks on them so I can turn them, gather them up to sew or clear the bed for sleep. First I laid out the pieces with like shapes turned the same way so I could get as close to a dark, medium and light fabric in each block as possible. Next I turned the blocks to create a more.random look. Finally I swapped like fabrics until I liked what I saw. Several hours later, I came back and rearranged them some more.
June 29: Piecing this while longarming this quilt. The blocks are assembled but need trimming. After that they will be sewn into rows and then the rows sewn together.
June 30: The center of the top is done. Just needs borders now.
July 01: The top is finished!
July 02: I will use Dream Puff batting, Red & Green King Tut thread. The IQ pattern is posted below. The quilt is loaded and basted.
July 04: Quilted.
July 05: Binding is attached and doing the hand stitching now.
July 06: Quilt is finished!
July 12, 2011